A French Classic dessert with Apples.We have gone for apple picking this weekend in small ranch near us in bay area.Aarav had great fun playing with dogs, cows,pigs baby rabbits...Had nice family time.At the end of the day I was left with a bag of apples didnt know what to do with them.So after much research I decided to make a French classic made by two sisters by accident.
CrustPuff pastry - 1 sheet
Apple - 5 nos
Sugar - 1/2 cup
Butter - 2 tbsp
Nut - If desired
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- The best vessel for making this dish is an iron skillet.
- Prepare the apples by peeling and coring the apple.Cut the apple in the desired size and shape so that you can fill the bottom of the skillet.
- Cut the puff pastry sheet in the shape of skillet cover
- Melt butter in the skillet.
- Once the butter is completely melted add 1/2 a cup of sugar melt until the sugar becomes completely melted and becomes golden brown. Remove it from fire
- Arrange the apple pieces and walnut as you like.Since in the end bottom will be the top arrange beautifully.
- Cover with apple layer with puff pastry and squish it to the side of the skillet until all the sides are sealed.
- I would prefer to cook apples in oven for 10 minuted and the apply the cover, This would encourage cooking of apples.
- Bake the tart tatin until the puff pastry turn golden brown
- Flip the tart tatin as soon possible ,be careful caramel will soooo hot.If u become very late in flipping the apples will get stuck pan soo act fast.
- Wait until the tart tatin become cool
- Once cooled ser it with whipped cream or Ice cream
|Heirloom Tomatoes which i picked|