August 13, 2012

Thomas-The train cake

I decided to make Aarav (my son) birthday cake.He turned 2 on Aug 12th.Yeah.. yeah .. he is a terrible 2.. I am not a wilton product but the online tutorials gave me confidence to make the cake.I made three layered neopolitan cake with Swiss meringue icing and praline filling. The cakes were ok. i slightly over baked the cake and it became dry. Otherwise the cake was good I think i did decent job for first timer.I made the train with fondant.This is the first time i am using fondant.This was the mammas gift to the little one.

TUTORIALS

http://thomasthetankenginecake.blogspot.com/
http://nanaglenmum.wordpress.com/2009/11/20/thomas-the-tank-engine-cake-part-2-how-i-iced-it/






7 comments:

Madhuvanthy said...

Lovely!!!

Madhuvanthy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Madhuvanthy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
PGP Pillai said...

That is downright brilliant Parvati..... Bravo...!!!! :)

parvati said...

Thanks dear

Harisankar said...

I was there during Appoos' B-day function, and I could n't believe that it was a home made cake. It was so tasty.

Normally I will not eat icing, but the cream was so good that I even licked my finger :-)

parvati said...

Thanks Hari for wonderful Commments..:)