This is a Maharastrian recipe, a very different curry. Needs very few ingredients , try it out you wouldn't be disappointed.
Besan /Chickpea Flour- 1 cup
Capsicum - 2 nos
Cumin - 1 tsp
Chilli powder - 2-3 tsp
Cumin powder - 2 tsp
Salt - to taste
Coriander powder - 2 tsp
asafoetida - 1 pinch
Minced Ginger and Garlic - 1 tbsp
Slit green chillies- 2 nos
Coriander leaves- for garnish
Mustard seeds- 1 tsp
- Mix a teaspoon of cumin powder, garam masala, chilli powder, asafoetida, coriander powder and 2 tsp of oil to besan and mix well.
- Roast the besan in a frying pan ,until you get a nice aroma of roasted flour.Stir occasionally to avoid burning.
- Once roasted remove the besan to another plate.
- Chop the capsicum into small cubes.Use differrent coloured bell peppers to bring out visual interest.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and splatter mustard and cumin seeds, add minced ginger garlic and slit green chillies.
- Then add cubed bell pepper(capsicum).Cook the bell peppers until tender by stirring occasionally.
- Mix in the chick pea flour until incorporated.Add Salt
- Cover and cook for almost 2 min.
- If the curry is dry sprinkle some water and cook.
- Check for seasoning and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve along with rotis.