Inspired by ria of ria's collection , i decided to experiment on her recipe to make it more healthier.So I decided to replace butter with olive oil. So this is my experiment which came out positive.I am very happy about the end result, the cake was very moist , spongy.. and flavorful.Approved the cake by my spouse and my baby..
Egg - 3 nos
Sugar - 1 cup
Olive oil - 1 1/2 tbsp
Lemon - 1 nos
Whole wheat flour - 1 cup
Baking powder - 1 tsp
Baking Soda - 1/2 tsp
Salt - 1/2 tsp
Yogurt - 5 tbsp
- Preheat oven to 350 F(180 C).
- Prepare the cake tin with parchment paper.
- Sift together whole wheat flour( I used regular chappathi flour) , baking powder , baking soda.
- Zest and juice the lemon.
- In another bowl beat together olive oil and sugar until creamy.
- Add eggs one by one and beat well each addition.
- Now add the zest and lemon juice.
- Add the flour into the mixture,beat to incorporate the flour.
- Mix in the yogurt and beat for few seconds.
- Pour in the batter into the cake tin and bake for about 1 hour.
- Once baked insert a tooth pick to check if it is done.
- If it is cooked remove from oven and cool the cake and serve.